Back to blogging!!

 It has been a long time!! Lots of things have happened, but now I am ready to start a new blogging adventure. Getting into contact with old and new friends. The pandemic was, and still is, a challenging time. For two years nothing happened!! What to blog about?
















It was a lovely summer! My daughter who lives in America came over and we went to Monemvasia and Kithira. After that I visited my other daughter who lives in Belgium and stayed a while to look after my grandkids during the summer holidays. 


In Belgium we are not close to the sea. So, when the temperature went over 30 degrees, I took a dip in the kiddies pool, with the lama as company!!
Completely refreshed I went back to Greece.
My head full of plans and new projects for A&B Creating. I had started already to work on a baby collection.



Little baby vests like the one above, made from re-used fabrics. A flower curtain, an old baby sheet and the lining was a soft pillowcase.






I loved the sheet with the giraffes and flowers and mixed it with a vintage piece of fabric and some purple flowers from a skirt. 
Another vintage baby sheet was used for this vest with some brighter colors. Fishing dwarfs.




The collection will also have baby quilts and play mats. It is so much fun and joy to make things for babies. 




Beside baby items I made quite a few tulip bags, mostly from vintage batik fabric that was donated by Tineke Brinkman who lived in different Asian countries some 50 years ago. 


Beautiful fabric on our balcony at, A&B Creating! Next time more bags,  baby stuff and Christmas sewing!!


Comments

  1. Dearest Ada,
    Welcome back and yes, for so many people life got disrupted in a very negative way—our freedom got totally robbed.
    Let's hope that now is behind us!
    LOVE your cute baby vests and also the tulip bags.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to see you back into blogging, Ada!
    Those baby vests are lovely and your tulip bags also so pretty!!!
    I am looking forward to admire more creations from you!!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk om je wederwaardigheden weer te lezen en te zien wat je weer voor moois hebt gemaakt...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts