The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book is standing in my bookcase for a few years now. First I was planning to make the whole quilt in bright modern colors, I made, I think 4 or 5 blocks, 6" blocks!! Very tiny!!!! So then other, easier things took over. I even lost the blocks, must be somewhere, but I can't find them.I made pictures of the blocks, but they are in a cloud and I can't reach them. Will take me some time to figure out how this cloud works!! I prefer to sew.



I decided to start a new project. The blocks are now 12" square, quite a difference! I plan to start a quilt along QAL at A & B Creating in autumn, so the colors are according to the season. I might make a whole quilt, or maybe just a tablecloth. Time will tell! I have a few more blocks, but no pictures. But I will keep you updated. 

Last October I wanted to make a winter backpack for myself. By January I managed to choose the fabrics from the stash I have. Well, it is finished!!!! The temperature outside was 35 degrees Celsius yesterday. Too hot for a woolen backpack. But..... I am ready for autumn!!







I love the elephant. I just had this tiny piece of fabric somewhere. Elephants seem to be such nice and intelligent animals. 


This is Tineke. Her bag is made from batik fabric. She used to live in Asian countries and still has clothes from when she was living there. The backpack is from recycled material. It used to be a skirt! A lovely second life for this beautiful fabric!!

As we are talking bags now, we are going to make more at A & B Creating for the bazaar we are planning. This is the first one! Patchwork shopping bag.





And I will still be using my elephant backpack till autumn!! It has been in the washing machine regularly, but now it has seen it's best days!! I have to make a few more backpacks, they are so handy!!

Comments

  1. Πολύ ωραίες δουλειές.
    Τη μαλλινη τσάντα την είδα και μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ.
    Ο ελέφαντας ταιριάζει τέλεια εκεί επάνω.
    Να είσαι καλά και φιλάκια πολλά

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags and backpacks, the elephant piece is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bags! The brown one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ada,
    Elephants are one of my favorite gentle giants with high intelligence.
    Such great pieces you created.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts