Birds and chicks and butterflies

As A & B Creating is going to celebrate the end of the season, with an evening event we are getting ready to make some more summer bags, placemats, wall hangings, cushions and other little things. 
Summer means, countryside, seaside, lovely little towns and villages in the mountains. Wouldn't it be nice, for instance, to have a little bird cushion on your balcony!


 The patchwork bird is ready. It isn't a cushion yet, because it needs some borders, but I am working on that! There will follow other different birds. They are in my head, not yet anywhere else!!!


 The chicken is going to be a placemat. So nice to have breakfast in your garden with a soft boiled egg, freshly squeezed orange juice (I have a summer orange tree in the garden!) and some toast. I think I need a range of chickens!!

As I was looking at my animal blocks I also came along this butterfly. I made it years ago. I was, and am, planning to make a garden quilt with all different techniques, patchwork, applique, embroidered pieces and more. I did some work on that but it became quickly a UFO. There will come a day, when I'll continue. Don't know when, don't know where!


You will ask:"what happened to the Farmer's Wife Sample Quilt?" You started, and now?? Well, I managed to sew some more blocks. Pinned them on the wall and am thinking which block to make next.


So many projects to choose from! Difficult, what to do first. I really need more time in a day!!

Comments

  1. Dearest Ada,
    The usual problem of not finding at least 48 hours in a day!
    You are very creative and active though.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee I think we all have that problem of not enough time in the day 😊😊. The Faremers Wife blocks are going great, you are getting lots done. The birds are lovley too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first bird in this blog. I think a garden quilt will be a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts