A & B Creating and knitting

Besides patchwork/quilting, sewing, and ceramics we now started a knitting group! Once a week, each Tuesday morning we will gather and knit small things to sell at our bazaars. At the moment we are working, of course, for the Christmas bazaar, which will be held on the morning of the 2nd of December. 


Petie, Barbara and me are working very concentrated while Ina made the pictures. 


Petie finished this baby cardigan at home and just put the lovely wooden buttons on, which I purchased at the crafts fair Xeirotexnika.


It is the same pattern as this one I made. It is knitted in one piece, starting at the sleeve. 

 
When you start knitting, you also think of crocheting. I have no idea how to do that, but Barbara has a little experience and is showing Demi how to make a Christmas star. The person who really knows how to crochet is our quilster Stefi. She made a lot of stars at home, which we will show another time.



Among the other members of the Quilting Bee are also some fervent knitters and women who know how to crochet very well. They are making stuff for the bazaar at their homes. I haven't made pictures yet of the lovely things they bring! I made this fox shawl this summer. 

I love Pinterest and make boards to get ideas. It is unbelievable how many lovely things you can make in whatever craft you imagine!! I found some very cute knitted small owls and downloaded the pattern. As it is a very rainy day I feel very enthusiastic to start making a owl family!! With me luck because you knit with 5 needles!!

  If you know how to knit or crochet and want to join our group, we would love to meet you.

Comments

  1. Τι ωραία παρέα.
    Μα είστε καλά και να δημιουργείται .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel gezellig zo samen handwerken, doen wij ook
    Groetnis Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ada wow there are lots of beautiful projects made,such a clever group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ada,
    What a lovely sweater knitted in one piece!
    Love the cut fox shawl too.
    Lovely gathering of women creating beautiful handwork.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat leuk dat jullie nu ook samen breien, lijkt me heel gezellig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not done any knitting since high school which was many years ago. I've probably forgotten how but when I see knitting posts I think I should take it up again. I do crochet though. You are right...so many lovely things to make !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts