shopping bag and weekend in Marathea

Summer is really here now. Tomorrow we expect 41 degrees Celsius! Really hot!! Weather to stay inside, good to get some sewing done! 
For years I use my own shopping bag, but now, since we have to pay for the plastic ones, lots of people use nice shopping bags. Love the fabric from this one.


I made the bottom and handles from canvas and put some lining in. 


And then I went for shopping!!





Two weeks ago I spend a weekend at a friend who lives in Marathea, close to Gytheion. She lives on top of a hill and you can see the sea from the terrace.
It is a beautiful view and in the evening you can see the lights from other sides of the bay. She planted a lot of trees, olive trees, other fruit trees, cypresses. This is a wild one, I think they call it prunari. It is a shrub and the whole hill is covered in it. When you prune it you can make it into a nice tree. 





.



 Last year I made her some cushion covers to match the tiles and garden.



She has a lovely stone house and we had a great weekend together! 

This weekend I stayed home and worked on an idea for a quilt to participate in the exhibition of the Hellenic Patchwork Guild and after that maybe in the exhibition of the European Quilt Association next year!!! Who knows!! A lot of thinking and working to be done! Have to keep my head cool in this heat!!!

Comments

  1. Dearest Ada,
    Trying to see if commenting is possible now...
    Lovely totes here above and also cushions.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts