I am back !!

As I am a very busy bee the last few months, I neglected my blog completely. I felt guilty about that, because I like blogging.So, I will give it a try again!

Running a workshop center isn't an easy job. It takes a lot of time and effort. The summer months are more relaxed because there are hardly any workshops, but....we have to prepare for the next season, so still a lot of work to be done!

So, where to start???

The last workshop I did was the making of a Dresden Plate. I love them. They are impressive.


Besides this one, which I made now, I have a blue Dresden Plate, which I made into a cushion some years ago. 


The cushion next to it is a rag quilted one, made from flannel. The Quilting Bee Sparta made a rag quilt, which will be donated, amongst others, to the orphanage in Lamia. We cut 4 pieces more than we needed, so we didn't need to think twice what to do with them. 
The rag quilt is nearly finished, that is to say, the sewing is ready....the cutting not yet! That is an awful lot of work, and not very interesting. But...it has to be done and one of our bee members took it home to finish the quilt. 



The other two quilts are also made by the Quilting Bee. I still have to make pictures from all the work they did.

That's it for now! Soon to be continued!!!

Comments

Popular Posts