Quilting Bee Sparta

The Quilting Bee started again to meet! We all really missed our Thursday mornings, because they are really fun. Working, creating, enjoying each others company with coffee and biscuits (lots of times home made) and stitching away!!

There are a lot of unfinished projects; quilt tops that have to be sandwiched and quilted, quilt tops that have to be squared, and our newest project, the lockdown quilt.
As we have lots of scraps, we made a few scrap quilts. This one consists of 16" blocks. The "stamps" are 2" x 2" , rather tiny and a challenge for some of the quilt members!! They mumble that sewing with 1/4" seam allowance is difficult. In the end they did a great job!
The white squares are rather big, so we will quilt a cross with dark blue thread to divide the squares in 4 pieces.

For the back we used all kind of blue pieces, mostly cut from old sheets. We use the sides, the middle is lot of times too thin to use again. Stains and tiny holes are cut away to make a mosaic of shades of blue.
I made a mistake (not the first time!) and cut two pieces too small. What to do? As I still had quite some stamps, I made rows and inserted them in the back. Now the back looks stunning!!!

In the last post I told you that I had to wash the, just finished, scrap quilt. I did. Yesterday it was a lovely hot day with a lot of air. Just what was needed.

I am still going strong working in the garden very early every morning. I planted the top of a beetroot and look what happened. It took off and will make a new one!!
I really enjoy my garden


Have a nice week and stay safe!!


Comments

  1. Dearest Ada,
    You are very active in the garden and also with your quilting. Love the way those tiny stamps turned out. A very tedious job that's for sure.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and your friends a good new start with your quilting bee!
    What a good idea with the beetroot! As we love its leafs in salad, I will sure also do this myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts