Cushions, lots of cushions!!

With patchwork, applique and quilting we can make lots of beautiful projects. Today I will show you some cushions in different styles.


 The most simple patchwork technique is just squares, like the red one. A big square in the middle and smaller ones around. I love the fabric with the Japanese children. It is a pity to cut this fabric into squares, as I did in the corners. It is better to use it in a bigger piece. 



 A friend of mine had this little piece of embroidery for many years. It was given to her by a schoolmate. She loved it but didn't know what to do with it. So we "patched" it into a frame and it became a beautiful cushion. 


My mother-in-law embroidered quite a few big pieces, mostly landscapes to hang on the wall. They looked nice with a classic kind of interior. Our house is  more modern, though. So what to do with the embroidered paintings? I cut them into pieces and used some to make cushions and other pieces I used in bags I made. 

 
To stay with the embroidered ones, this is  a quite different style! My daughter Christina embroidered her favorite Mario characters and asked me to make two cushions for her. 


 Don't they look nice together!! 


This appliqued one I made a few years ago for a fundraiser.

 
These are memory cushions. A customer asked me to make one for each of her two children with their favorite old T-shirts. It is not easy sewing this fabric , but in the end they turned out lovely. If you have collected a lot of T-shirts from your children over the years, you can of course also make a quilt with them. When my children were small, I wasn't into quilting, so I gave all the clothes away. Now I think it would have been nice if I had saved them. 
Maybe I should start collecting shirts from my grandchildren. Well, I'll wait a bit with that, till they are a bit older en I will get bigger pieces. Now they are still babies. Too much work!


The Dresden Plate one, in all colours of blue. 


These are just strips, but the material is fantastic! It is Kaffe Fasset. I love his fabrics and all the other things he makes!! 

I like cushions because you can change your interior completely with them. In summer Kaffe Fasset, in autumn embroidered pieces of landscapes, in winter Christmas cushions and in spring Easter patterns and appliqued flowers.
It is nice to be able to make your own. At A & B Creating we can teach you!!

 
 

Comments

  1. Lots of beautiful cushions, love all the different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Αγαπώ τα μαξιλάρια και τώρα μου έδωσες ιδέα πώς να αξιοποιήσω μικρά κεντηματάκια.
    Τίποτα δεν πάει χαμένο.
    Να είσαι καλά και φιλάκια πολλά

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Ada,
    Some very clever ideas here and they look great.
    Love the idea for transforming that embroidered gift into a pillow.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts