As I had a lot of work in the garden (spring cleaning), I neglected my sewing projects a bit. The garden is more or less under control at the moment, so time to start sewing again.
A friend wanted a backpack for her daughter and loved the jeans fabric with the little embroidered flowers and dots.
I choose some more fabrics to go with it, and this is the result.
The jeans material wasn't that heavy, but still jean is difficult to sew on a normal machine. The bottom of the back and the straps I made from a solid, heavier jeans fabric. No problem with the bottom, but I broke two needles, trying to sew the straps on. And then..... my sewing machine thought this was too much of a strain for it, and refused to do anything at all.
This morning I brought the machine to the Singer dealer and they will repair it. I can get it back next Tuesday. So, I got my old machine out and tried if this one would work. This one has a problem with the pedal, but, lucky me, it worked and so I could sew the new straps on. I just bought this tape for straps, which worked out fine.
Ready to start a new project. For two days it is raining over here: no urge to go out in the garden. Good weather to focus on my patchwork.