Autumn and hexagons

After long hot summer autumn has arrived. The nights are cooler, but at midday it is still pretty hot here in Sparta. I finished half of the projects I had planned for the summer!! Seems that I am not a very good planner!!! Sewing just takes much more time than I expect. Probably I also sew at a slower pace, especially by hand, when it is hot. 


Last week I sandwiched this quilt which will keep me busy in the evenings while watching a movie on tv. I am a bright colour person and I don't have many "autumn" fabrics. Now....did I get lucky!!!

Hilary, a friend of mine, made a lot of hexagons over the last 30 years or so. She had planned to make quilts for all her three children. As it took her some time to finish the quilts, in the end, she had much more hexagons than she needed and she gave them to me!! Some were already made into flowers and...in the colours I needed to make a nice quilt for fall. I just sew them on diamonds and they look great. Thank you so much Hilary!!

And, as it still hot we need to drink a lot of water. Cold water from the fridge! If we are not careful, though, the glass leaves water drops  on the table. Instead of putting a paper napkin under it, as a fervent quilter I of course use a coaster! Good for the environment too!!

 
These hexagons I made myself some time ago to go with the glass.

Talking about glasses, I lost my reading/computer glasses a week ago and I am very upset about that, because I really liked them. I don't think I will find them again, so time to go and get a new pair made.




 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts