Sunday, September 3, 2017

What did I do this summer?

I did a lot!! But... do I have anything to show for it! I managed to make a few things! Summer time, so I made a few beach bags.







Unfortunately I only went to the beach once this summer. After our swim we had lunch at a friend's house in Mavrovouni. Traditional Greek lunch!!How I love those baked potatoes, and not to forget the ouzo en the Greek salad!




We had continuous heat waves in July and August. Too hot for the beach!! Temperatures reached 47 degrees Celsius in Sparta!!! Oohhh, inside with the airco and the fan! Just making more beach bags!


 I did a lot more this summer, but will post (I intend, I hope to) more in a few days!!

 

7 comments:

Annie Kingma.Bonnema said...

Wat mooie tassen, ga je die verkopen in Griekenland
Groetnis Annie

Quilting moesje said...

Wat een mooie vrolijke tassen!
Ik heb de zee deze zomer nog niet gezien ... En dat Hoop ik nog wel te doen dit jaar :0)

I am said...

Hi Ada boy what gorgeous beach bags and your lunch looks very yummy xx

Janneke said...

Vrolijke mooie strandtassen Ada, die horen echt bij het warme strandleven van o.a. Griekenland. Maar ja, als het op z´n heetst is, kan ik me voorstellen dat je liever bij de airco binnen blijft. Ben zelf ook deze zomer nog niet op het strand geweest terwijl ik er toch niet ver vandaan woon. Die salade ziet er verrukkelijk uit!
Groetjes uit Nederland, Janneke

Mia said...

I love all your beautiful beach bags, Ada. Especially the first one, great colours! I hope that you will go to the beach more often during September. And don't stop drinking ouzo! It is great during the summer time! Kisses, my friend.

lien said...

Wat een leuke tassen heb je gemaakt! Heel vrolijk allemaal!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ada,
Your design of beach bags is incredible!
But as you describe, only once you made it to the beach yourself.
We went to Florida for visiting some friends and for swimming but with us, a tropical storm arrived so only one day at the pool for swimming... Florida is very unpredictable and it rains most every afternoon. Like our time living and working in Java, Indonesia with clear sunny mornings but every afternoon pouring down.
Here in Georgia we got hot weather and lots of afternoon thunderstorms.
Summer is too short for doing it all...
Hugs,
Mariette