Winter season - International Day of Peace

 It has been a busy month. Getting ready for the winter season. It is a bit awkward because the temperatures are still high and no rain whatsoever. No autumn or winter feelings yet. 

On the 21st of September it was the International  Day of Peace. 


 Dimitra appliqued the peace doves on the fabric and I made them into lined tote bags. Poor Dimitra broke her arm and can't do any sewing at the moment. 


 The world needs peace desperately! Too many conflicts and threats at the moment. I wish people would be a bit more understanding and compassionate. 


 Peace dove wall hanging in Bauhaus style. I love Mondriaan; I had a Mondriaan dress in the 70's. Unfortunately I don't have a picture.


 The Quilting Bee Sparta started last week. Because of the Covid the  members have to bring their own sewing tools. Excellent opportunity to make a kit for those tools. 


 The idea is that everyone has the appliqued cat, hearts and spool ready this week, so we can proceed with the sewing. After that the embroidery. I have lots of patterns. I choose this one for the back of my kit.


 I made a mistake in the counting at the skirt bottom, which I realized when I was on the top. So, this girl is a bit fatter than the one in the pattern. It doesn't really matter because it is supposed to be me and my cat. And I don't wear a size S !!!

 


The 4th of October was World Animal Day. I don't have dogs anymore. I have a cat and feed 3 stray ones in the garden. I love to make these little dog/cat mini quilts.

 Besides of dogs and cats we have the birds.

 


 Let's end with the symbol of Peace




 

 

Comments

  1. You have made some very cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Τί ωραία πράγματα φτιάχνετε στο εργαστήρι σας!
    Εύχομαι να έχετε ένα πλούσιο δημιουργικό φθινόπωρο και χειμώνα.
    Να είσαι καλά και φιλάκια πολλά

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie en lieve dieren, borduur, lapjes projecten:0)) Grappig zoals je t meisje met de kat beschrijft😊
    Hier is t wel herfst gevoel, guur en af en toe regen
    Groetjes
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ada,
    You indeed have been very active and quite productive in designing great pieces.
    Love the embroidery and it looks purrfect!!!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Πολύ όμορφες όλες οι δημιουργίες αφιερωμένες στα ζώα και στην Ειρήνη!
    Καλό φθινόπωρο, φίλη μου και καλή συνέχεια με τα ωραία έργα της παρέας σου!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erg mooie dingen gemaakt.wat een geduld!!
    liefs en groetjes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Πολύ όμορφες δημιουργίες Αντα μου!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts