Back to school

 September, and the schools are starting again. My grandchildren in Belgium started yesterday. In Greece the kids will start a bit later in the month. Petros and Elsa showed me, very proud, their new school bags. They were excited! I go everywhere with my backpacks. Hardly use any other bags any more. It is good for my posture and I save my arms.

 


This one I made for a friend. She cycles every day, and loves it because it is so practical for her.


 It is still very hot here in Sparta, yesterday the temperature reached again 40 degrees! Most of my plants in the garden are suffering, except the Campsis! It stays beautiful the whole summer, till late in autumn. It gives a lot of mess on the ground, it attract wasps and ants, but nevertheless I love it.


 I didn't make any backpacks for my grandkids, but I made one for my daughter.

 

 

The dark blue of the bag goes so well with the orange of the flowers! And here is the back of it. I always put a zippered pocket on the backside. It is a very safe place. 


Tineke, the mother of my friend Barbara has a lot of batik fabrics and scraps from when she was living in different places in Asia. She donated them to A & B Creating and we thank her so much for that! I love batiks, such beautiful colors and patterns. I made some pouches with the this fabric. The one below will be a birthday present for a good friend.

And here comes Tineke's bag from the material she donated! It used to be a skirt, or a dress. I can't remember. It got a new life! We love to recycle!!!


Time for me now to start watering the garden. Every day duty!! Poor plants and trees. No rain! I am sure that they would love to get some, so would I!! Have a nice week and stay safe!




















Comments

  1. Nice to see the bags. The one on my back (Photo) I use almost daily.
    In Bennekom (NL) it is also still quite dry, but wwedid hvesome rain to wet the ground and fill the 'rain tubs'of which we have two - to help the garden through the dry period without using the municipal water supply.
    Stay well and enjoy what you're doing. Warm greetings, Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. These backpacks must be very practical. Do they have any pockets inside?
    Yes, with the temperatures we have these days, watering the plants has to be daily!
    Going for a swim is my best time of the day!!!
    I wish you a lovely September, Ada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie-Anne, The backpacks don't have pockets inside. I use the front bag for my keys and the pocket on the back for my cellphone. So nice that you live near the sea and can go for a swim easily.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Ada,
    You created lovely items, especially those backpacks.
    Yes, we are very familiar with the batik fabrics as we have worked and lived in Indonesia for some 3 years.
    We also watched them make it by covering the cotton fabric with wax and dipping them for another color.
    Got also some hand painted silk batik, very beautiful.
    Sending you hugs and we too still have heat here till 36°C but in about two weeks it will become more pleasant.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette, Batiks are beautiful. We will, as from tomorrow 3 days when the temperature drops, but then it will go up again!! Greetings, Ada

      Delete
  4. Πολύ βολικά αυτά τα σακίδια.
    Με την ανακύκλωση αξιοποιούνται τόσα πολλά υφάσματα και γίνονται υπέροχες τσάντες.
    Καλό φθινόπωρο.
    Εύχομαι να δροσίσει γρήγορα.
    Να είσαι καλά και φιλάκια πολλά.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een mooie vooruitzichten en handige rugtassen!
    Hier lijkt het wel herfst te worden...
    Hopelijk overleven je planten de warmte en droogte ...
    Groetjes
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Πολύ όμορφες και πρακτικές οι τσάντες πλάτης που δημιούργησες!!! Μου αρέσουν πολύ οι λιτές γραμμές που έχουν τα πατρόν. Και τί ωραία υφάσματα!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ Ευγενία, Χωράνε και ένα laptop. Τα έφτιαξα με βάση το δίκο μου.

      Delete
  7. Your Back packs are lovely and I love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een mooie rugtassen, het draagt altijd zo lekker, veel fijner dan een schoudertas. Die hartenkussens hebben wij ook heel veel gemaakt voor het ziekenhuis. Mooi gebaar blijft dat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts