vintage style scrap quilt

As I have loads of scraps, I decided that the next quilt, to be made by the members of the Quilting Bee Sparta, would be a vintage style scrappy one!
The blocks are 6" x 6", alternating a flower print and a 4-patch block. Eleven rows with 8 blocks each. 


The plain blocks have been cut from a donated duvet cover. I love the faded flowers. There is a lot of fabric left, so I might use that for the back, or make another quilt with it. I am not sure yet. The Quilting Bee Sparta donates the quilts they make to an orphange in Lamia. I would love to have a quilt like this one for myself, though! Barbara, my partner at A & B Creating, also wants one!!!! Maybe I just should do this one time. Scraps enough!!


This is how far I got with the design yesterday. Today I finished the inside part, which will measure 66" x 48". I also have a nice idea about the border. But....let the Bee first finish this part! That won't go quick, because of the holiday season. In September everyone will be present again, so I have to exercise a lot of patience!! If I am going to make one for myself.....I can just go full force ahead! Let me sleep on it!!


 

Comments

Popular Posts