I am not very good in following rules, that's why I often change patterns. Above I just added a stem to get a more grounded flower!
The embroidery in this block comes from an old tablecloth. I love it that I can use this kind of pieces again, because we all know how much work it is to make something like this. And ... women put a lot of love in their creations, so it shouldn't go to waste.
To stay with the applique, I made two Dresden plates with different fabrics and colours.
The bird I made is still waiting for his picture to be taken, as is the owl panel.
It is fun to make your own quilt pattern, but now I need a design wall !!!
A suitable place is above the bed in the guest room. I have already two pieces of insulation board, which I used to put over the bed to put the quilt layers together. Now, they have to go on the wall. A real DIY project which need some thought !!
Besides the applique, I made two patchwork blocks. Difficult, because the pieces are tiny and I am not yet that experienced. I really love the butterfly. The cottage house didn't come out the way I wanted, but I think it looks ok.
Anyway, I have to make some more houses because the Greek on-line quilters group "Και στην Ελλάδα αγαπάμε το πατσουωρκ" will start a QAL with house blocks.
Time to start fixing the design wall!