A & B Creating - our workspace

My sewing room in the basement of my house is really nice and practical, but nothing compared to the space I have in our new company A & B Creating. We have a whole floor in a lovely house.


 Outside you can see an avocado tree and it even bears fruits! We can just pick them from the balcony. Not at this time because the season is over. The tree is flowering now. I love our IKEA curtains, so bright, giving a happy atmosphere.

T
The room is L-shaped and this corner has the cutting and hand sewing tables with the design wall. At this moment we do a lot, and I mean really a lot of hand sewing. All the stars are paper pieced, waiting to be sewn in rows and eventually in a top. After that we (Quilting Bee Sparta) will start the hand quilting!! 



Mrs. Eleni, 93 years old, !!!!! came together with Maria, one of our quilters to help with the sewing. She has been a dressmaker for years and still loves to sew!



The Quilting Bee gathers in our new space now once a month. They also take "homework" and are sewing blocks for two more quilts, to be donated to the girls orphanage in Lamia. These will be machine pieced, so that'll go much quicker!  


Nearly all my fabrics moved to the new place, waiting eagerly to be sewn! I have so many ideas. Question is: "where to start??" 



After sewing the curtains I made a few cushions, mug rugs, and at the moment a little cat quilt is being made. They are so practical! Flopsy, my cat, has one. He just came in from the garden and wants to sit on my lap. He waits for me to take the quilt and jumps up. Although the sun is shining, he has muddy paws. Where the h... did he go??? I just washed it yesterday !! 

The house quilt of the 2015  QAL  from the Hellenic Patchwork Guild is hanging in the hallway. It is an excellent example of different techniques to show.

 To the left there is another sewing room. We will purchase more sewing machines, now it is just the lock machine standing there, waiting to be used.


The house is 144 sq meters. that means, more rooms!! We have an official office, very seriously furnished!!
Also another workshop room for more "dirty" lessons, like making ceramics, mosaic a.o.

There is a lovely garden downstairs, with lots of orange trees. Barbara, my "business" partner just had the weeds cut last weekend when I was in Athens. It looks so nice and clean now. I made some pictures, but they will be posted next time. 
I had a lovely weekend in Athens with my daughter's family. The 25th of March is one of Greece's National Holidays with parades all through the country. We watched the one in Athens Papagou area where there are a lot of scouts, boys and girls and of course they are in the parade! And..they had a lot of fun!



Now back to work, not to the sewing but to garden work. Lots to be done in my own garden. Lovely weather to do so! I'll get my wellies on and go for it!

Comments

  1. Hope to visit Sparta at the end of June.
    I will be visiting your new workplace and admiring all your patchwork.
    KALO RIZIKO
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ada and Barbara for creating this amazing space! I wish I can come to visit you one day! A whole new world just for creative people! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a beautiful space together. It looks inviting, warm and very professional. All quilts will show well there. Many wishes for continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heel veel succes met jullie nieuwe bedrijf ...καλη αρχη !!!
    heel veel groetjes en een fijne week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts