A little bit vintage

Vintage is in!! In styling you see it everywhere; clothes, earthenware and so much more. I've seen some beautiful pieces and got inspired! Vintage fabrics are my favorite. These mini quilts are very practical for use in a baby basket, a stroller, car seat, or just to use as a changing pad. I made them this summer.


The tulips are from the 70's. Not old enough to be vintage, nor are the fabrics I used. But, a lot of pieces are from recycled fabric. 



 More flowers on the back. No idea how old this fabric is!


This one is made up of curtain fabric (background), pieces of a duvet cover, a second hand pillowcase and fabric from old stock.



The hexagon flowers are done with the English Paper Piecing technique.
I love EPP, because you do it by hand and can watch a movie or have coffee with a friend while working on it. Below a different style! Bear is a piece of old children's curtain.

 
The embroidery is a vintage wall hanging my mother-in-law made.A few years ago I made it into a cushion and now I love it! When an old shop in Sparta closed, I bought two rolls of vintage flannel. The fabric from the bib is one of them. It has cowboys and donkeys! Wondered why it didn't have horses instead of donkeys!!! These fabrics are also all recycled, except from the checkered one.

The weather is still hot here and still no rain!!!! The mini quilts are not much needed at the moment! Babies and grown-ups still sleeping under a single sheet!

Comments

Popular Posts