I'm a granny !

On the 9th of August I became a grandmother! What a beautiful experience!


I stayed in Athens to help and enjoy the little guy, who is a perfect baby. He sleeps, cries only when he is hungry or has a dirty nappy. It is amazing how quick they grow the first month, well, the first year as a matter of fact.

Two weeks before the baby was born the happy couple adopted a little kitten, they found!! Not the brightest idea, because it is only 2 months old and has to be educated, especially in an apartment. The cats they know from home are also in the garden and get rid of all the energy they have chasing flowers and leaves. Mio wants you to play with him and boy...has this little kitten an energy!!! He sees no danger and gave us all some heart attacks, being on the 4th floor, trying to look down from the balcony, putting his head between the railings. After a week or so he managed to walk on top of the railing.



 I am back in Sparta since a few days, happy to find the house and garden in a good state. My husband excelled himself!! 

We had  constant heat waves in Greece, very high temperatures, certainly not good for walking especially in Athens where it doesn't cool down during the night. Sparta lies in between mountains and is hotter during the day, but cooler during the night, so the early early morning (6 or 7 o'clock) is excellent for walking. The idea is that I start again tomorrow. Have to get rid of  some extra kilos. My pregnant daughter had a crave for ice cream and who am I, not to join her in this heat!! 
It is grape time, so I'll better switch to this delicious fruit now.


I am going to finish my baby storage unit now because in Athens I didn't have time. Time to go to work!


 
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations.
    Glad everything is OK in Athens and Sparta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd, Ada, met de geboorte van je kleinzoon!
    Ik hoop dat jullie veel geluk en plezier met elkaar beleven!

    Liefs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an exciting time for you! Oh those kittens! I hope the cooler weather continues, at least we have now lovely wind! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Van harte gefeliciteerd met je kleinzoon! Lekker genieten (en zorgen dat de kat uit de buurt blijft, haha) Veel geluk gewenst!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, het is zo leuk om oma te zijn. Van Harte Gefeliciteerd Ada, ik wens je veel plezier met en van je kleinzoon. Leuk een jong katje, maar inderdaad, een beetje onhandig tegelijk met een baby. Komt goed, als ze hem maar bij de wieg vandaan houdt.
    Lieve groet, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for the new born!What a happinness for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O ! Wat laat ... maar alsnog van harte gefeliciteerd en gelukgewenst hoor !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Ada,
    WOW, congratulations on your healthy baby grandson! What a joy when everything went well and he's healthy too.
    That kitten is really a daredevil...!
    I've not eaten ice cream since 2007 when I had high blood sugar levels. Well, in Florida we did indulge on a delicious mini Häagen Dazs as I was craving for its taste after so many years. I've never ever gained weight but I certainly loved ice cream, the vanilla and half a liter of it. Together with fresh blackberries was my most favorite. With my late husband in Jesolo, near Venice Italy we indulged in those monster size ice coupes. Oh my.
    But no more...
    Enjoy the ending of summer as you can find more time for your baby storage.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the happy parents and to you for your baby grandson, dear Ada! May he be a healthy and lucky guy!! So you have started to walk again...6 or 7 is too early for me though...I prefer to go walking in the afternoon. I wish you a lovely month of September!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations my dear Ada!!! I wish all the best for your grandson!!! Kisses!!! :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts