Heat wave - what to do??

We are still waiting for the baby to arrive, so I should have a lot of time to do some sewing! The thing is... we are having a long and very hot heat wave, and that really slows me down. 

When I arrived in Athens, I started to walk in the stadium next to my daughter's house, early in the morning. Then it became so hot, that I decided to wait a few days. I'm still waiting, so maybe I should just start again and ignore the heat. I really need some exercise!

There are few things I made, that I haven't posted yet. My camera broke down and it took me  a month to get a new one. I had just started to knit a white cotton baby cot blanket, although with these temperatures baby doesn't really need any blanket, not even a sheet!!! Of course the blanket is in Athens now and I could make a picture of it in the baby's cot. (When is he finally deciding to come???) 


The pillow case my mother bought when she was expecting me!! Never mind that I was a girl. Those days you had no idea what was coming! I always loved blue, maybe this is the reason why? Unconscious baby memories, haha!!

As it seems that babies have to be in sleeping bags nowadays I quickly sew this one. It is an embroidered pillow case, that I never used because it wasn't the right size. I closed it and put elastic through it. Excellent for this weather.


To keep myself busy I started to make a storage unit for the baby's room. It is still work in progress. I am going to have 9 pockets with animals appliqued on them. This is the first one, the hippo.


I  cut out all the pieces and made the lay-out 

 
 This morning I finished the first row, and now I have to hurry to continue the other two rows. Can't wait for it to be finished. Who knows, baby boy might suddenly decide to see this world today or tomorrow instead of waiting till Monday, when they have to go to the hospital for check-up, with the suitcase!
 
 

Comments

  1. Dan duurt wachten lang he....,. ? Voor je dochter al helemaal, zeker in deze arme temperaturen die jij besvhrijft. Hier wil het maar niet echt lukken met de zomer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spannend Ada!
    En het lijkt me voor je dochter ook lastig met de hitte, ze zal vast blij zijn als ze haar vrachtje kwijt is.
    En dan te bedenken dat het hier alleen maar regent en het maar niet zomeren wil.
    Je maakt prachtige dingen voor de kinderkamer! Je zult maar zo'n creatieve moeder hebben.
    Heel veel sterkte voor de laatste loodjes en hopelijk daarna veel genieten!

    Liefs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, dear Ada, it is not easy to make things during a heat wave, although I can see you have made so many for the expected baby!!! He is due any day now, I understand!!! How exciting if must be for you!!!
    Looking forward to your next post then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ada,
    Oh my, you have been a very busy bee and that knitted baby blanket in white cotton is so lovely. Why in the world do we all have to go by blue or pink? Guess that our parents when they were born, did not have that luxury problem yet, people used what they had and made do with very little.
    What a practical solution to make a sleeping bag out of the mis-fitted pillow cover! Love the embroidery on it.
    Hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable and that maybe your grandson has already arrived as I write this...
    Here we too are still dealing with very hot and above all, humid weather.
    For that reason I had posted my jeans suit with booties from end of February as I long for cooler days!
    Sending you hugs and best wishes for your daughter and baby.
    Enjoy this very special and emotional time...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts