Pin cushion

When I visited my friend Kristine in Thessaloniki I loved one of her books. It is called "Quilting on the go!" from Jessica Alexandrakis. Paper piecing patchwork you can take anywhere: techniques, patterns and projects.
So, at home, I immediately ordered it, because I was eager to try and learn how to do English paper piecing. 
This is my second project "the pin cushion". I just love it. You are supposed to fill it up with crushed walnut shells, but of course, I don't have anything like that. So I filled it up with some steel wool you use to scrub pots and pans, to sharpen the pins and some wadding. I am very pleased with the result. It looks great and is rather thick, so the pins don't reach the bottom.



I used different fabrics for the top and bottom





Comments

  1. What an adorable pincushion! Have a nice day Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel erg leuk Ada!
    Ben benieuwd of er meer van dit soort projectjes uit het boek gemaakt worden!

    Liefs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and so useful
    A pin cushion always comes in handy
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite lovely, Ada. I really like the depth so, as you said, the pins don't push through the bottom. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een leuke speldekussen en een goed idee van
    die staalsponsjes ...want je raakt heel wat speldjes kwijd
    in zo kussentje ...
    een fijn Weekend !!! φιλιά

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Ada,
    Bet your idea of filling material is even more genial! They look just lovely and must be very practical too.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pin cushion!!!!!
    I like your idea of filling it with steel wool !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heel mooi en leuk gemaakt
    Groetnis Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ada,

    Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. Your pin cushion is beautiful, you have lovely taste and great talent. Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts