Butterfly

I asked the Mediterranean Garden Society about the lovely caterpillar in my garden and they sent me a picture of the butterfly it will become. After that I saw a lot of these butterflies in the garden en finally managed to get a picture of one. Wasn't easy, would this butterfly sit quiet for a moment...!
The caterpillar especially likes dill and ruta, which I have both in the garden. I have enough dill, so they can eat as much as they like.


The vegetable garden isn't doing so well as I expected. The temperatures are too hot. For nearly two month it hasn't gone down from 33 degrees, and mostly it is 35-40! The courgettes and beetroots are doing great. While I thought that beetroots are a winter vegetable and wouldn't florish in summer! The cucumbers did great for the first month, but now they became all yellow and I had to take the plants out. The rest is surviving, but doesn't give much fruit. Luckily the days are becoming shorter, so the plants recover more during the night.


Comments

Popular Posts